Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lauren's Onion Baby


Lauren loves to help me cook. She does it almost every night. The only problem is, she falls in love with her food. Literally. She picks a piece of food and it becomes her baby. Two nights ago, it was an onion, last night a carrot. It really is cute. She hugs it and rocks it to sleep telling me "Shuush mommy, my baby is seeping." This will go on untill it is time for me to add the onion or carrot or whatever it may be that night, to my recipe. Then, murderous mommy that I am, I must cut up her baby right before her innocent trusting eyes. Then those sweet eyes fill up with tears and she crys and crys over the lost of her "baby". After I get her calmed down, and I think the worst has past-it starts again. You see, it is not enough for me to just cut up the onion, I then have to throw it into boiling liquid. This throws her into an other round of mourning. Untill I suggest that she adopts an apple to replace her lost onion. Fortunatley for me, tonight I made Lasagna and Lauren fell in love with a noddle. I just let her keep it. She is now tucking it into a bed and singing Rock a bye Baby to it. I have never in my life seen someone fall in love and loose that love only to rebound quickly in a matter of ten minutes.

2 comments:

Collings Family said...

I can't believe her creativity! What a funny story, that had me in stitches. Good seeing you today!

Kelly said...

How funny! I love the things kids come up with and how sincere they can be!