Saturday, December 1, 2007

My dream home


Sometimes I get a little discouraged when I think of the long years ahead before Chad will graduate. He has the whole weight of our little world that he carrys around on his sholders. He loves me enough to let me stay at home and be a mom. I don't mind all the little things that we can't afford. You can get holister shirts and Lucky jeans at savers, and no one knows where you got it from. Just that it looks good on you. When I feel like I am going to cry because of all that I do without, I close my eyes and pretend that we have it all. And I see my dream house. A modern home on the beaches of Malibu. Then my little boy wakes from his nap and crys adding to the noise of his sister running around the house singing "pop corn popping". I see chad on his computer and I watch as Lauren crawls up on his lap to watch you tube with her daddy. She is such a daddys little girl. My little boy has stoped crying and he is looking up at me smiling. His smile lights up his eyes. When I take the time to look around me, I realize that I do have it all. I am already living in my dream home. Sure, it never gets warm enough in the winter and our home is always under constant renovations, but what is a dream home without the laughter of all your loved ones to fill up the rooms with love. Everything that is worth any kind of real value to me, I can't buy in a store or order in a catalog. Everything that is worth any kind of real value to me calls me wife and mommy. What more could I need?

2 comments:

Collings Family said...

Thanks, I needed that!

Kelly said...

You really put it the way it is! I look up to you! Hey I tagged you so look at my blog!