Thursday, July 17, 2008

HELP M E!!! I am trapped in Arizonia!!!!




I am a little confussed. People live here on purpose? Don't they understand that there are places that you can live that you don't bake everytime you walk out your front door? There are places that contain more color then just the color brown? I am stunned. I have never been to a place that is so void of color. Brown buildings, brown ground, even the sky has a little tint of tan in the atmosphere. I guess that that is the color of burnt earth. Phenoix does have its good points, the air conditioning works great here. I have been to philidelphia, florida, New Orlands, Missouri, kansas, Puerto Rico, San Diego, San Antonio, and of cousre Malibu. I think of myself as a generally positive person and I think that there is an amount of good in every place. But I will confess that I am hard pressed to think of one redeaming quality in this dessert wasteland. Stephanie Meyer might be a good writer, but I think that she has missed it on the loving the dessert bit. Everyone who knows me knows that I am a beach girl, so i guess tha it is no suprise. I am sitting here in my hotel room because it is to hot to move in the outside world. I am done with my rant for now, more to come later.
P.s- I have fourth of July pics, I am just way slow at getting them up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what's fun to do in Arizona? Play the game I Spy. You know. "I spy something brown." "A rock!" "I spy something else brown." "The dirt!" It could go on for days. Give my love to the fam.

Rachael said...

I know what Arizonia is good for. weight loss, and slide tackling.

John and Sherri said...

Melissa, I'm still getting used to this blogging bit- Comments and all. I love your blog- you have a definite talent for writing! Good to keep in touch. Have fun in brown land!

Celeste said...

Hi Melissa- I know I'm slow, but I just figured out I could connect to your blog from your comments on my own blog! So Cool! I hope you don't mind, but I'll have to keep checking out what's going on with you. -and I'm with you on the desert. Blah! I just barely finished reading The Host, too. Loved it.